Your Health is our Commitment
At Kanika Hotels and Resorts, our number one priority is the well-being, health and safety of our guests and employees. In order to secure that, we have set-up new operating procedures and guidelines, including a responsible plan regarding the exposure and prevention of the COVID-19 spread. These will be implemented across all of Kanika Hotels & Resorts in order to make our guests feel safe while staying or visiting our hotels.
To prevent COVID-19 spread, all of our employees and guests will be screened for body temperature and sign-up prior to entry. Sanitizing stations will also be available at hotel’s main entrance, back of house entrance, buffet restaurant entrance and other public areas (indoors and outdoors).
The designated points of screening for the policy are:
- Hotel entrance (for hotel guests, associates, colleagues)
- Back of house entrance (for management, employees, suppliers and associates)
- Buffet restaurant entrance (for in house guests)
Sanitizing stations will include the following:
- Surgical masks
- Tongs to hand over the mask
- Single-use gloves
- Automatic antiseptic gel,
- Close lid dustbin
- Handheld thermometer
Check In/Check Out Process
- All bookings will be advised to do an online check-in through our web site
- Guests at check-in will scan their passport and use the electronic signature to complete their check-in process
- Room key cards, pens and JCC machines will be disinfected in the UV light compartment before given to the guests
- Porters will advise arriving guests that their luggage will be disinfected.
- Payment at check-out will be performed by contactless card payment.
- Unnecessary items or decorative pillows in the room which can cause a source of cross-contamination and potentially can spread the virus if in contact with people will be removed.
- Extra pillows in the closet will be wrapped and sealed
- Promotional material (ie. room service menu, spa menu) will be displayed electronically.
Guests’ Rooms daily service & turn down service.
- All rooms will be disinfected.
- The mini bar will be kept empty and guests will order through the minibar menu any items they want in order to minimize the daily check from the minibar attendant. All items will be charged as per the order by Room Service.
- For All-inclusive hotels mini-fridges will remain as they are but with each guest change over the items will be disinfected.
Note: There will be a 2-hour time lap between departure and new arrival in every room
All public areas (ie. Public WC, Lobby, Restaurants & Bars, Gym) will be cleaned and disinfected frequently every hour until 11 PM.
Restaurants & Bars
- Cleaning and disinfecting tables, chairs, salt & pepper cruets, place mat, and bud vase after every use with anti-virus spray.
- Table cloths will be changed after each use by guest.
- All menus will be scanned via a QR code so that guests can see the menu on their smartphones.
- All stools at the Bars will be removed and swim-up Bars will be closed
- A gym instructor will disinfect equipment between uses with anti-virus spray
- Massage bed will be disinfected with anti-virus spray before every treatment.
- Beauty room: Installation of plexiglass for a manicure
Note: Spa & Fitness membership will be paused until March 2021 and a proportional amount will be refunded if requested
- Daily cleaning & disinfection of all sunbeds, tables, chairs and umbrellas.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the kids’ club but a member of the staff can register the child at the entrance.
- Social distance regulations at the kids’ clubs are 1 child per 3 square meters and children will keep 2 meters apart.
- The Kids’ club will be disinfected daily, toys that are not washable will be removed from the kids’ club, toys will be manually disinfected and cleaned with spray after every use.
- The creche will not be operating due to health and safety restrictions.
- For live entertainment in outdoor areas the distance between groups of guests to be 1 meter apart and the distance between the entertainers and the public to be 2 meters.
Social Distancing Policy
It is our policy to follow the social distancing guidelines in all aspects of the hotel’s operations.
- 1 person per 3 square meters (indoor) and 2 square meters outdoor
- Umbrella to umbrella poles: 4m distance
- Bars and restaurants: table to table distance 2m
- Maximum number of people per table: 10
- Irrespective of the square meter of each venue, the maximum number of guests will not exceed 200 persons in outdoor areas and 100 in indoor areas.
Rules & Regulations
- Hotels will be open for residents only.
- Day passes for wedding guests will be allowed but only after the implementation of the screening process.
- All Spa & Fitness memberships will be paused until March 2021 and a proportional amount will be refunded if requested.
- No business conferences or meetings will be held in the hotels until March 2021.
- Local weddings will not be allowed until March 2021.
Weddings & Events
- Hand sanitizing stand with disinfectant gel will be placed at all wedding venues.
- Wedding day passes for non-resident wedding guests will be allowed but only after the implementation of the screening process. Non-resident guests will only be allowed to enter the hotel strictly only one hour prior to the wedding ceremony.
- Irrespective of the square meter of each venue, the maximum number of guests must not exceed 200 persons in outdoor areas and 100 in indoor areas.
- The layout for the ceremony will be set-up based on the government’s restrictions and regulations.
- A maximum number of guests per table is 10 for the wedding banquet.
- No restriction on menu selection, wedding dinners that include the buffet option, masks and gloves will be available for guests that wish to choose this option.
- Open bars are not allowed; guests will be served by employees.
- All employees will wear a mask and gloves.